Is your TCL TV light blinking?
If your TCL TV light continues to blink, or the power button light is blinking or is a fixed red, there may be a problem with the TCL TV.
In this guide, we discuss how to fix it.
TCL TV lights blink for different reasons. They generally blink because there is an issue with the TV.
TCL TVs are smart devices that provide much more functionality than conventional devices. By being connected to the internet, you can use them to stream movies, access search functions, and other functionality.
There Are Several Lights Which Can Blink On A TCL TV
A few lights can blink on a TCL TV, and they are there to help replay messages to the user to help them know what is going on with their TV.
The following are an explanation of and the possible fix for a blinking TCL TV light.
The Light In The Middle Of The Lower Frame Is Flashing
There are several potential reasons why this light is blinking, which include.
- The TCL TV is starting up after being switched off completely.
- The smart TCL TV is receiving a software update.
- There is no issue but the TCL TV light flashes while switched on.
- The TCL TV is stuck in standby mode.
There Is No Issue With The TCL TV But The Light Flashes
If the light flashes continuously and there is nothing wrong with the TCL TV, you can deactivate the light by following the next steps.
- Press the “Home” icon on the remote.
- Scroll to “Settings.”
- Press “Select.”
- Navigate the arrow button, and select “System.”
- Select “Power.”
- Select the right arrow button and choose “Standby LED.”
- Select “OFF.”
- Select “System.”
The TCL TV Light Keeps Blinking Or Flashing, And It Works
When you turn on the TCL TV, and it boots up correctly, the power light should light for as long as the TCL TV is being used.
If the TCL TV light keeps blinking, it may be that it isn’t connected to your home network or the internet router.
To check if this is the issue.
- Press ‘Home’ on the remote control.
- Press ‘Settings’.
- Select ‘Network.’
- Select ‘Wireless.’
It will bring up the network menu, and you will be able to ascertain if the TCL TV is connected to the internet.
If the TCL TV is connected to the internet, it will begin to scan for your wireless network, and you can then set it up.
If The TCL TV Light Blinks But You Can’t Switch The TV Off
If the TCL TV light blinks and the device operates normally but won’t switch off.
The problem may lie with the remote, and in almost all cases, it will need the batteries to be changed.
The TCL TV Is Stuck In Standby Mode
If your TCL TV is stuck in standby mode and the light keeps flashing, find the small button to reset the TV at the back.
Generally, the reset button is installed next to the RCA, HDMI, and USB ports. On some models of TCL TVs, the connections are on the right side of the TV, while on others, they are on the left side or underneath the front paneling.
Press and hold the reset button for 10 seconds using a paperclip or similarly thin item.
It may need to be done several times.
A Red Blinking TCL TV Power Button
If the TCL TV is stuck in standby mode, the power button flashes red and won’t activate the TCL TV, try pressing and holding down the power button for two minutes.
If this doesn’t resolve the problem, the power board may be faulty and needs to be replaced.
The steps needed to replace the power board are as follows.
- Purchase the correct power board for your model TCL TV. The model number is found on the plate at the back of the TCL TV.
- Remove the power chord.
- Lie the TCL TV on a flat surface, with the screen facing down and the surface covered with a blanket.
- Remove the two feet at each end of the base.
- Using a Phillips screwdriver, remove the screws securing the back panel.
- Pry bottom of the back cover-up.
- A cable runs from the backing plate to the main control board.
- Gently slide the cable plug out of the main control board.
- You can remove the backing plate.
- The power board is on the left-hand side of the unit.
- Remove the four screws which attach the board to the TCL TV.
- Slide the two cables that route to the other boards out of the power board.
- Remove the old power board and replace it.
- Reverse the steps above, and the TCL TV should be repaired.
A Solid Red TCL TV Power Button
When the power button maintains a solid red light that does not blink, it indicates a problem with the mainboard, which will need to be replaced.
It may also cause the power light not to activate at all.
The cause of this issue may be traced back to the capacitors on the power board.
If this is the problem, you can replace the power board.
While irritating, a flashing light on a TCL TV is not necessarily an indication of a problem. On the other hand, a flashing light on the power button is almost certainly an issue related to the power board or the main circuit board.
The manufacturers have made it possible to fix many of the issues, and spare parts are readily available.