Is your Vizo Smartcast not working?
The best quick and easy fixes to resolve your Visio Smartcast issue are to do a Soft-power-cycle; however, should that not be successful in resolving the issue, follow it up with a Hard-power-cycle. Then, if the problem persists, you can attempt to Factory-reset your TV.
The first troubleshooting option is to perform just two quick and easy steps to resolve most Vizio Smartcast failures; then, attempt the more complex diagnostic options. Find the exact steps to follow below.
Quick And Easy Fixes For Your Vizio Smartcast Failures
Vizio TV created the Smartcast application, a one-of-a-kind product allowing customers to experience a variety of entertainment in one convenient location. Smartcast, like Amazon Firestick and Chromecast, is an all-in-one program that will enable you access to hundreds of various streaming platforms like Netflix, Hulu, Youtube, and a slew of other services.
There can be several reasons why your Vizio Smartcast is not working. Similarly, there are several quick fixes that you can do to attempt a resolution yourself. However, we recommend only trying the more comprehensive options after these two power cycles below.
How To Soft Power Cycle Your Vizio TV
Follow the steps below to restart your TV by performing a Soft Power Cycle. Do this via the TV Menu options. Before starting your procedure, always make sure you have an internet connection.
- On your TV remote, press the menu button and select the “System” option
- On the following menu, select the “Reset & Admin option”
- Choose “Soft Power Cycle” from the next screen
- Your TV will power off and restart again
- Wait for the restart and see if the Smartcast Home icon appears
- If your problem persists, move to the next step
Video: How To Soft Cycle Your Vizio TV
How To Hard Power Cycle Your Vizio TV
Follow the steps below to restart your TV by performing a Hard Power Cycle. Please do this by removing your TV from its power source. Then, proceed to the next step after the Soft Cycle has failed to resolve your problem.
- Power your TV off by pushing the “Power Button” on your TV, either located on the side or bottom of your TV
- Remove the TV plug from the power source completely
- To drain any residual power, push-hold the power button on your TV for about 20 seconds
- Return power to the TV by plugging it back into the power outlet
- Switch the TV back on
- See if the Smartcast Home icon appears
- If your problem persists, move to the DHCP Setting step
Video: How To Power Cycle Your Vizio TV
Vizio TV Smartcast Factory Reset
A factory reset may be the only alternative left when the above two power cycle efforts failed to deliver the necessary resolution. Perform a Factory Reset on your TV using a TV remote; alternatively, use the TV’s buttons if you do not have a remote.
How To Perform A Factory Reset Through The TV Menu
Carry out the following steps:
- Find the menu button on your TV remote and press it
- Select the “System” option from the selections displayed on your TV screen
- Next, select “Open Reset and Admin and choose to reset your TV to Factory Settings
How To Perform A Factory Reset Through The TV’s Buttons
Carry out the following steps:
- Make sure the television is turned on.
- Press the Input and Volume Down buttons on the side of your TV for about 5-10 seconds. When a prompt appears, let go of the buttons
- After a prompt, find and hold down the Input button on the side of your TV for another 10 seconds
- Your TV will restart and reset, then switch back on
- Follow the steps on the screen for device set up when the “memory is cleared” message appears
- Do another factory reset if it did not work the first time (sometimes the first attempt fails)
Refreshing Or Changing The DHCP Settings Of Your Network
Each device has its IP address on a network, and the DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol) makes sure that every device automatically gets assigned an IP address.
Thus, following an incorrect DHCP setting, your Smartcast system will not receive an IP address; therefore, it may result in your Smartcast not working. Follow the steps below to change the DHCP settings of your network:
- Switch off your TV
- Launch the browser
- Open your router’s URL, then follow by entering your user name and password
- Open the settings page
- Routers may differ. Your DHCP settings may be in Advanced, Setup, Network, or Local Network
- Make sure your DHCP is enabled
- Always make sure to save your changed settings
- Now you can switch your TV back on and check if your Smartcast is in working condition
In most cases, software updates get performed automatically; however, doing manual upgrades regularly decreases the risk of issues. Furthermore, keeping your software up to date might help you avoid many firmware-related problems. When you’re experiencing frequent troubleshooting issues or your Smartcast isn’t working, follow these quick and easy steps to do a simple Software Update.
- Switch on your TV and select the Menu button
- Select System
- Select the option “Check for updates”
- Your TV will run through any updates available or display a message stating you are already updated
Checking If It Works On A Different Network
Your ISPs employ a variety of tactics and ways to manage online traffic and protect their customers. As a result of this strategy, ISPs may occasionally restrict some services necessary for your TV to connect to the internet. Use a different network on your TV to rule that out. You can utilize your phone’s hotspot if no other network is accessible. In other words, try connecting to a different ISP to verify if the Smartcast is still giving the error message.
Contact Support Team
Should none of the preceding steps be successful, your final option for resolving your problem is to contact the support team. Firstly, you can open a Online Service Request, and secondly, you can Contact Vizio Support for assistance.
Vizio Smartcast is an all-in-one entertainment application offering endless possibilities for streaming platforms. However, regardless of its dedicated assistance, some errors may still occur that require troubleshooting.
By following the initial quick and easy steps, users could resolve most of the “Smartcast is not working” problems themself. Do not worry if the first quick fix step does not resolve your issue. Move to the next one, and remember, ultimately, escalation methods will be available to assist you on a more technical level.